Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Dystopia Toyland opening this Saturday April 11th 2015

Dystopia Toyland

A solo show by Peter Adamyan at Good Mother Gallery

On April 11th I will be opening my latest solo show "Dystopia Toyland" at Oakland California's newest gallery, Good Mother Gallery.

Expanding on the consumerist aesthetic of my last solo show "Salvation Mini Mart" this show will explore humanities worst tendencies and the moment in childhood when we first realized the scope of the world's problems.

I will be approaching this subject matter by using the visuals from our collective childhood to explore the darker side of the duality of man, in the form of a dystopian toy store. This store will be stocked not only with my original paintings but limited edition customized toys that are inspired by war, sexual violence and minority suppression.

Please RSVP on Facebook here.  I will be sending out a collector preview a week before the show. I hope to see you at the opening reception.

Photographs from my studio below were shot by Shaun Roberts. If you would like to see more of the artwork from the show or from Shaun's studio visit with me please send me an email and I will do what I can.

Thank you,
Peter

1 comment: